header-photo

Muadzzin...

Last Friday, as I did the daily routine of mother-son talk on things did and happened in school, wafitos excitedly and proudly told me his first experience as the muadzzin at school during the congregational Zuhur prayer with his friends.

"Mama. today the school prefect appointed me as the muadzzin at school during Zuhur prayer, you know!" He exclaimed.
"Hmm...that's good! That's my smart and clever son!" I exclaimed with proud of course. "But how did he ask you?" I tried to know more of the story.
"Well...when he stood up and asked who wanted to be the muadzin, I brave myself to raise my hand and said to him I wanted to the muadzzin", Wafitos smiled at me.
"Is it so? You're so brave....it's good for you to try out doing positive and good things. Keep up the good work, son!". I encouraged him more.

That's the typical wafitos. Despite his jumping around the house, carelessness, non-focus during lessons that made me yelling at him and chasing him around the house, despite his big appetite-always asking for food around the clock- that drove me crazy and helplessly stuck in the kitchen day and night, he is really a wonderful child with a very high level of self-confidence. He may not be the top student in the class, or the one who attains the most A in the exam, but I know and I really hope that he can go further in his journey towards success if he keep on believing in his ability.

And this positive attitude -never afraid of trying- is actually the rule of thumb of attaining success in life. And this is what I don't have and I don't know how could I possibly learn to try new things, to try doing something that I don't usually do in my life. And I know, I must learn from my own son. Maybe, he could be the best teacher for me to come out from my shell and learn to try new things and subsequently learn form my trials.

2 comments:

iu rf said...

hallo...
wafi memang pandai dan berani..;)

ish..ish,,ishh..
sib baik x duk obersea lagi..
kalu x.. setiap minit wafi mintak makanan..ehehehehhe;p

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah, nampaknya wafi ada self esteem yang tinggi..