header-photo

A week past...





Last week was the longest week I ever had gone through. My health condition was not good, I'm still having cough, running nose for almost a fortnight. Hubby went to Kelate for 3 days and two nites for some programs, leaving me with the kids at home. Actually, it was my first time of being left with the kids and being the one and only dependable adult at home during night. The day my husband flew to KB, I fell sick, terribly sick. Even the kids didn't go to school, since Mama was bedridden by her flu. I eventually took 'ponstan' (a kind of painkiller) to relieve the pains all over my body. Well, after spending time on bed for more than half day, Alhamdulillah I managed to crawled to the kitchen to prepare some food for the kids. From the sound of clattering plates, spoons and the creaking sound of the fridge being open and shut again and again, I bet they were so hungry.

Unsurprisingly, upon entering the kitchen, I some leftovers of food on the table. Two bowls of cereals and milk, the wholemeal bread, margarine, a jar of blueberry jam, and a carton of soya bean milk. Kesianya, budak-budak nie, I thought. Feeling guilty for not being able to fulfill my responsibility as a mother, I tried to cook some dish for their lunch despite the severe cough and fever.

I quickly reached a frying pan to fry some chicken wings. But first, I dunk several cups of rice in the rice cooker, washed it and switched on the 'cook' button. While frying the chicken, Wafitos approached me in the kitchen.

"Mama, you are sick. Why are you here in the kitchen?" He asked, showing his empathy I guess.

"It's ok, If I don't cook, what are you going to have for your lunch?" I replied.

"We can eat biscuits and cereals, Mama. You go and have a rest,lah".

I smiled proudly to him upon hearing his concern of me and my health. Suddenly I felt that I was feeling better. I was so sure it was not because of the painkiller, but was resulted by my son's concern. That's why doctor's always advice friends and family to show concer and simpathy to those who sick. I believe, it is one of the best medicine to heal a sickness.

Later that day, in the evening, I tried to call my sister, Ibon, who is studying in a nearby University in the Faculty of Medicine. Hoping for some tips and actually hoping her to accompany me that night, I felt hopeless as I knew that she had been sicked for several days. And that doctor-to-be was in the polyclinic to see a doctor. Alamak, habislah...takder talian hayat nie.

In the evening, after swallowing another ponstan, I drove to a nearby clinic with the kids, the same clinic that I went to form the beginning of this month. Alhamdulillah, towards late evening, I was feeling much better (after eating painkiller, I sweat) and managed to drop by at nearby store to grab some groceries.

The night was so silent and quite empty without hubby around the house. Well, I guess I missed his company more than I miss him (hehehe). I went to bed at around 10 p.m, something that I seldom did when hubby is around, because we always had some 'intellectual' discussions and 'changing' ideas on current issues at night after 10 p.m. (What to do, dapat husband yg fulled of ideas and always using his brain 24/7).

What I learnt last week is, never underestimate the presence of a man in our lives and never also underestimate our own strength. (heheh). We, women, indeed needs a man in our lives, however, we must also bear in mind that we can survive without men. Don't take it wrongly, this is not a feminist propaganda (in fact, I am against Feminism). It's just a fact that we should know and be aware of. Only Allah is our sole Provider and Hope. Only on Allah can we totally depend our lives.



**Afafita's drawing on her dream house**

4 comments:

Mimiamilia said...

Salam sis,
hope u are getting better now.
U buat phd apa ek?

Sofinee Harun said...

Salam,
Finie write down dalam comment afafita in my blog. But takut nanti you tak baca so I put down here as well.Thanks for visiting..!!This kind of solution that we always used. I had worst nightmare with flu as well. Try not to take any drug at the same time.
Take one Vitamin C soluble tablet 1000mg. Try not to take any other medication accept you are in some kind of condition that you had to. If you didn't fell anything, take another one after couple of hours. Until you feel like you need to go poo poo. But not really going.

Make sure you not taking the tablet when empty tummy or after some sugary food or carbohydrates food.May be you boleh amalkan one tablet a day walaupun dah ok. Insya Allah, you get better soon.

Another things, cuba ambil dua sudu besar origanal honey dengan segelas air suam. Tapi perlu di ambil pagi2 bila empty stomach. Insya Allah..

iu rf said...

ha aa..betul kata US..sian akak nie..dr dlu hadapi sakit yg sama.. tak elok amik pain killer slalu.. tak bagus utk bdn.. trylah tips from us tu..:)

akak..byk kan makan buah.. makan angin..dan yang penting jagan makan hati..nanti sakit hati.. jangan tensen sgt.. rehat,releks.. tarik nafas..lepas nafas.. kalau wat kerja..take a rest kejap.. pehtu sambung lagi.. jgn paksa2 diri sgt.. insya allah akak pasti akan jadi more better pasni..

ehehehe..

take care n luv u so much..

Mama Mia said...

thanks everybody....finie and the rest. I really appreciate your advice. until now I'm not fully recover. demam dah takder, but still deep chesty cough and selsema. Thank God for these good friends!