header-photo

Hikmah....Revealed

When I had to choose between pursuing my own ambition studying in UK and giving priority to my family six months ago, I was so clueless about the 'hikmah' of this dilemma. Thus, like a small child who whined for a cone of her favourite ice-cream for days but the ice-cream was snatched from her and was thrown into the dustbin the moment she really wanted to start licking the ice-cream, I was so frustrated and down. I spent days and nights crying over the "ice-cream", attempting to console my frustration and searching the justification of it.

And now, I'm still crying, yet for another totally different reason: it's no more crying over the "ice-cream", but I'm crying for finally realizing the 'hikmah' Allah Taala has revealed to me. I'm crying because I was so ashamed towards God for my ignorance of His Wisdom and my distrust towards Him being the All-Knowing.

Now, after 6 months, the 'hikmah' of me staying here in Malaysia to further my studies has been revealed gradually. Seeing my husband climbing the stairs of success in his career path is a clear evident to me that my sacrifice 6 months ago was not useless. Watching the kids growing and studying in an Islamic school with a good tarbiyyah from the teachers, starting a strong fond towards nasyid and al-Qur'an, and forgetting all the linking park's and avril lavinge's songs, is enough to make me so content. Having the opportunity to visit and serve my parents, share their fears and happiness as well as lending my ears for their problems and nags, and spending an enjoyable holiday with them, are some of the good deeds that I would surely miss if I went to UK.

And right now, as one my siblings is struggling to overcome the worst times in her life, the 'hikmah' has became clearer than ever. As the eldest child in a family who always support each other through thick and thin, this is the time that I'm most needed by my parents and sister. Had I gone to UK, I wouldn't carry out the responsibility of "kakak sulong", who had been the one whom the other siblings turned to in needs.

I thank Allah for revealing this hikmah for me. I thank Allah for still giving me opportunity to make all my beloved persons happy and carry out my responsibility towards my family members. I don't mind if I can't improve my English by studying in England. I don't mind if I can't learn new things in a new environment. As long as I can 'berbakti' towards my family, it's enough to me. Most importantly, I don't want to waste three years of my life without spending happy moments with my parents and siblings.

3 comments:

Sofinee Harun said...

Ummuwafi,

Sometimes when you come to decision like that, it's always hard. It's like to do something you really anted to do and benefiting only you, although at first you will think this is for everybody future. But, by think throughly and making a wise decision for our beloved family always hard and hurt.

But, like you just experience now, when the times comes, suddenly you feel like you fool your self before. And it just how nice our life is when we put out what is actually priority at first hand. Although it's hurt our heart at first.

It's very nice to hear you actually made a wise decision in your life. I'm so happy for you. Very happy. Not, always people can see thing the way you see it. Some times we do need to think and think and read and observe other people experience and take it on board and make lots of dua and istikarah. Allah will never let us down if we ask Him. Alhamdulillah, you are now benefiting your decision which you think were such a horrible decision to make before. Look how beautiful the way Allah make our life. There is qada and qadar but, but Allah gives us brain to think and ponder. When we actually think throughly before we do anything, and redha wisely even it's hurt, the benefit is something you can't get it and you can't even explain it.

Wise decision and good experience. Nice to share it with other people and hopefully more and more people out there can make a decision as wise as you!!

Mimiamilia said...

Akhirnya berupdate jugak blog ni.jenuh tiap hari bukak entry yang sama.ehehehe.

Saya memang pegang yang setiap apa yg berlaku ni ada hikmah nya.Sebab banyak dah terjadi benda yang saya taknak tapi saya terpaksa lalui.Apa yang saya nak tak dapat. Kalau tuhan bagi sesuatu yang buruk pon sebenarnya untuk kebaikan supaya kita insaf atau dekat padaNya.

Takper sis, buat phd kat malaysia pun ok gak.Kat mana2 pun yang penting kita buat habis baik!

Nadia said...

umm wafi

jazakillah khair for sharing...it resonates in everyone I think..because it's an experience that most people have or will go through...

hugs