header-photo

Rejuvenating Weekend...

Rejuvenating ! That's the most appropriate word to describe my weekend , I guess. Alhamdulillah...after almost a month, I managed to go back to my hometown (my parents' home, actually) with husband and kids during the recent weekend.

We arrived at my parents' house at Friday midnight. The journey was quite tiring, since everybody were rushing to their respective hometowns to vote in the election, or supporting their chosen political party, which resulted the one hour traffic congestion on the PLUS highway from Nilai until Seremban. And of course, poor husband. Being the driver, he had to endure the traffic jam alone, while the kids and I were slumbering, almost all the way to our hometown.

The 5 hour journey was quite hectic yet rewarding. Upon reaching home, I could felt the feeling of "there's no place like home". That particular night, I went to bed at 3 a.m, as my Mom and I did a lot of catching-ups. We talked from a topic to another. We went to bed only after we realize the clock struck to 3 in the morning, and considering that we had to arise early tomorrow for voting.

I spent myself with my siblings and and my parents most of the times. The kids were occupied with their cousin, iffato zaimo. On Saturday night, they slept together in their grandma's room. Obviously, two days are not enough to me. I'd love to stay there longer, but I had to go back home, preparing for our vacation to the east coast Malaysia tomorrow with my parents. So, inshaAllah we will spend more happy time during the vacation.

Spending a weekend in my parents' house is simply the best way and opportunity for me to relax and have some time to do things that I just can't find a time to do them in my home. That's why I said, it was rejuvenating. No cooking, no washing and cleaning, I could spent the whole day for myself. I could read magazines, watch movies, and most importantly, I could do some lips and mouth exercise- talking and chatting with my talkative family members.

I used to live with an extended family before I moved here to further my studies. I lived with my kids, parents, my sisters, my brother and his wife, and my grandparents living behind our house. So, I'm used to be around with many people, to be more specific, talkative people. We always share stories, gossips, happy times and hardships together. We had each other and support each other in times of need. If I was not feeling well, I could just get a rest, sleep without having to worry about my kids. In fact, there would always be someone to take care of me. When I had to go for some outstation works, I could just leave my kids in a peace mind. My dad would send and pick them up from kindergarten, my mom would take care of their needs, my sis would make sure they did their homeworks or teaching them reading Qur'an in the evening. If my sister in law went away for work, I would take care of her baby. That's the benefit of staying with an extended family. And Alhamdulillah, we did successfully lived in harmony together for the past 4 years.

On the contrary, living here in my house, with my nucleus family is totally different. I feel so lonely, especially during daytime, when the kids go to school and my husband works in the office. It is a drastic change for me. I have no one to talk to. No one to help me, take over my tasks and everyday routine when I'm sick. I can't even leave the kids at home when I need to go out for something important. I have to be very independent. In a way, it's good for me, so that I won't be so dependent on my family. However, I still prefer living with my extended family members. I believe that it helps to make the bonds and relationship stronger.

Anyway, life must go on. I have to learn to do things and settle all my problems on my own now. This is the high time for me to empower my own qualities and learn my own weakness as well as strength.

5 comments:

iu rf said...

yes.. hidup bersama family lagi besh drp bersendirian..tp,sampai bila kita akan bersama mereka.. ?.. pasti satu hari nanti kita akan bersendirian juga akhirnya.. setiap saat waktu kehidupan itu sebenarnya menyeronokkan.. terpulang pd diri untuk memandu ke arah yang kita mahu.. kalau nak hepi kita boleh hepi.. pendek kata..jangan lah bersedih kalau kita boleh gembira...

-kak..tanamlah pokok bunga.. seronok tau..ehehe...

Mimiamilia said...

sis,
saya dari kecik lagi memang hidup dikelilingi saudara mara.Hidup memang meriah.Bila dah masuk sekolah menengah dah start berjauhan dari keluarga hinggalah sekrang. Bila dapat berkumpul dengan keluarga dan sanak saudara time raya tu memang la rasa best.

Sofinee Harun said...

Hemm..bayangkan kat negara orang sendiri2..tapi apa nak buat dah nasib..But, it's lovely to have extended cyber family like all pf you......

For some reason, we always had same way of thinking..It's nice..

Anonymous said...

tuk tuk.. masuk rumah ummuwafi boleh?

agree with you. spending time with family members is a cool way to rejuvenate oneself! Good for kids to grow up with tok, mak ngah, pak lang, kak cik around right. Take care!

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

i like ur live signature. Want one too! :)