header-photo

Sufiah oh Sufiah...

Sana sini orang sibuk cakap pasal Sufiah. Sometimes berminat gak nak dengar, sometimes naik muak pun ada. But above all, deep down in my heart, I feel so scared...I keep on asking God's Guidance and Protection everytime I hear or read about this once a prodigy.

This morning, I accidentally watched a morning show on Channel 9. Again, the main topic discussed by the compeers was Sufiah. This time around, they invited an expert in psychology, asking her opinion and comments on this controversial issue. Well, what I learnt from her was the importance of balancing between academics and social needs of children. She suggested that parents shouldn't confine the concept of learning and the meaning of success to academics alone. Parents should never expect too much from their children, to the extent that they are actually pushing the children too hard.

I guess what she suggested was true. However, she was also unsure of the factors and reasons of Sufiah's drastic change of attitude. But, she did stress on the essential of letting our children play, meet and mingle with other children and being exposed to the real life outside the house.

Oh....again, all these make me scared...so scared....can I succesfully raise my children to become a true Muslim and Mu'min?

2 comments:

Sofinee Harun said...

Ummuwafi,


I do understand your feeling. As I always said in my blog. Nothing can stop us from worrying.

We learning and learning and thinking and thinking and scared are we going to fail or success. Nothing as challenge as bringing up daughter I reckon.

But, as we see everyday, there's lots and lots of evidence actually pointing to the root cause. And only one big root cause. We, as a parents.

Imagine, long time ago, islam had not spread more as this days. Now, we had more scholar than before. Now, we had more people in hijab than 10 or 20 or 30 years ago. During my mum time, almost everybody in her school wearing mini skirt. Yet, there's less cases such as rape happen. Not like this days.

Think that our grandma and grandpa. and our great grandma or grand pa, even they don't had much islamic knowledge, but they manage to brought up children successfully to look after themselves.

But, now we had lots of parenting course, parenting book, this and that theory yet we create more and more social behaviour problem.

I think, we had to go back and learn what our grandma and grand pa and great grand ma and great grand pa had in their parenting style. I believe they don't know any theory, but just go through the sense they had and naturally brought up their children.

I believe the great cause towards all this is the style. I believe, generation before, learn things through experience from other people. Now, we learn through the research and book and put our ancestor experience as fool or kolot and not following the trend.

But, following the trend or modern parenting style in theory I believe had cause social problem upon people life especially teenager.

It is scary..when we think about all this..

Mimiamilia said...

salam,

sis,kalau kita tengok adik beradik Sufiah yang lain, semuanya memang berjaya.Takde masalah seperti Sufiah.Mungkin Sufiah sendiri perlu cerita apa sebenarnya berlaku.

Kesian kan, dia suka dengan apa yang dia buat sekrang.Kalau kerajaan nak tolong pon, i tak nampak pon Sufiah mintak pertolongan.