header-photo

Anniversary Celebration & Birthday Papat

Our wedding anniversary is celebrated on 20th July annually. Our anniversary is so special because we share the same wedding date with my parents. So, we usually celebrate it together..with the whole family. It may sounds unromantic, but its kinda nice to celebrate our special day and strolling down the memory lane of our wedding day with our beloved family members. But of course, we still can have our own private celebration if we really want to. However, as a matter of fact, we never celebrate our wedding anniversary as others do; no candle-lite dinner in a fancy restaurant of hotels, no special moments of exchanging valuable presents, no second time honeymoon getaway to a secluded resort or whatsoever. The fact that hubby still remembers the date he married me eight years ago is considered one of the life's blessings. (you know, men do forget their wedding date)

I have to confess that eventhough I never bother about how are we going to recall the sweetest and memorable day in our marriage before, but this year, I kinda feel quite excited about the anniversary. In fact, I had this plan of celebrating it "officially" with my husband (and not to forget the two kids too) at Cameron Highland or somewhere suitable. I don't know why, maybe the high estrogen level in me as the result of the pregnancy had really turned me to a more "loving" and "appreciative" wife! (hahahha)

So, I silently planned this special vacation in my head, trying to imagine how sweet it would be to really celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary away from home and house chores! But still, Allah's plan overruled mine. And there must be reasons behind His Will. I couldn't fulfill my dream, and as usual, I went back to my kampung that particular weekend, to spend the anniversary day with my parents and family.

Since the plan have changed, I didn't longer bother about the celebration. But as we reached kampung, my mom told me that she wanted to hold a very small, family-only belated birthday celebration for Papat (my only nephew). So, we did a barbecue on Saturday nite and bought a yummy Secret Recipe cake for Papat. (Of course, he didn't each much, we were the one who finished up the whole cake) Despite the no-mood for wedding celebration, I still managed to go to a nearby shopping mall on Saturday morning to buy cards for my hubby and my parents.

So...here are some of the pics at Papat's birthday party.


The choc muffins made by Papat's mother..



Papat's birthday cake cum my parents anniversary cake..made by Secret Recipe



Mom with the three beloved grandchildren...cutting cake ceremony



Abang and kaka tak sabar nak makan kek...



Sedapnya Pak Yong (my hubby) bakar....


Birthday boy dapat present...



4 comments:

iu rf said...

selamat hari ulangtahun perkahwinan buat akak & suami.. semoga kekal & selalu bahagia selama2nya.. n for papat..?? cutenye nama diaa... kelaka pun ade gak..hehe ( jgn marah...) hepi besday..

da besar dia..riitu dtg rasanya lom leh duduk lagi.. leni da ensem daaa.. ishh.. kalu de anak pempuan leh jd sedara ni..ekekekek...

p/s : papat tu nama singkatan ke aper..aper maksud dier..heheee

Mama Mia said...

papat tu nama panggilan...nama betul iffat zaim...

kin hashim said...

ingatkan salah eja... ingatkna besday papa...rupanya memang papat! hihih...ensemnya si papat ni yer...

anyway, happy anniversary to ummuwafi and hubby..moga hidup lebih berbahagia dan diberkatiNya..amiin...

p/s...org pregnant, yg tinggi progestron level la..bukan estrogen.. :).

Mama Mia said...

yelah kin...salah taip..patutlah rasa mcm ada tak kena jer nama hormon tu..heheh