header-photo

Shopping Spree...


The whole Malaysia is on SALE again! It's the annual Malaysia Mega Sale, which implies the time when Malaysian spend their money as much as they can during this sale period. I used to anticipate this annual sale, since I am quite a shopaholic, as I may confess. Normally, during the past seasons, I bought a new pair of shoes and "borong" clothes for Afafita and Chichi. Children clothes in Malaysia are very expensive. A good and nice t-shirt for Chichi may costs up to RM60, a pair of jeans usually costs RM80-100, and a pair of shoes for Afafita is around Rm60-80. These prices are for local brands or ordinary brands. However, imported branded attires like GUESS, OSH KOSH, etc are at least double the price! So....basically, I couldn't afford buying new attires for the kids during non-sale season. It's only during the sale season that I can buy those kinds of clothes half the ordinary price.  

This time around, I limited my shopping trips to the shopping malls during the Mega Sale, since I determined to control my shopping budget. My priority now is buying the new baby's necessities, including clothes, toiletries and other things. I know I have to buy almost everything as if I'm expecting my first newborn, because I have given away all Wafitos and Afafita's baby clothes and essentials to sanak saudara. There is not a single baby cloth diaper or shirt at home!

During the shopping trip, I tend to choose pinky baby girls attires....with all the ribbons, flower and heart design....oh..I can't resist buying girls' clothes! So adorable and cute! And of course, as the gynae have told me that the probability of me having another girl in the family is high, I guess....I may as well considered the doctor's opinion is true. So...alhamdulillah, last Saturday, when hubby went to Kelantan for an academic program, Ibon (my sister), me and the two kids went for a shopping spree at the Midvalley Megamall. Now, I'm quite relieved as I have prepared almost 90% of the newborn things checklist. I only need to buy the diapers, the baby bath tub, n several other things. And somehow, before this Eid, I must wash all the baby's clothes and attires with antiseptic soap. (I'm not a virusphobic mom...but I have been doing this since Wafitos time).

I have also bought two pairs of trousers and two shirts for Wafitos; two pairs of pants and two shirts for Afafita, and a new Braun Buffel handbag for myself! All these are for Hari Raya. Since I don't want to spent my Ramadhan nites at shopping complexes searching for Raya clothes, I've decided to prepare as much as I could now. So, the kids just need a pair of new shoes! During Ramadhan InshaAllah, I'm in the 8th month of my pregnancy. I guess I couldn't have the energy to do any shopping at that time, knowing that fasting during the third trimester of your pregnancy would be very challenging. Kalau dapat berpuasa penuh pun dah kira syukur...

Ok. Tomorrow I'm going to attend the family usrah at my parent in laws. And I need to wake up early, preparing some food to bring along there. It's our turn to prepare meal for all the family members. Usually I cook rice, and special lauk, for example sambal goreng udang, sotong bakar ala sunda, etc. But since today I am so tired and exhausted (tidying up the my home library), I think I'm going to cook bihun goreng only. Tak laratlah...... 

1 comments:

iu rf said...

camne pengajian ritu..?? alles ok ker.. mmm.. lamanya x burak2 ngan mama mia ni.. takmo kacola.. mama mia sibuk sokmo.. ciannn... nt penat ajee...

kak bagila gamba akak dgn perut yg terbaru..tingin nk tengok mak buyuung tersayang ni..hikhik..