header-photo

What I wish I'd known about preparing for life with a newborn

Here are some of the "I wish" things voiced out by moms....about the preparation of life with a newborn

"I wish I'd bought at least four nursing bras. I only got a few, and ended up hand-washing them all the time."

"I wish I had cleaned and organized my house before the baby was born. That way, when I came home I wouldn't have been stressed about cleaning and I would have known where all the important things were."

"I wish I'd given my husband a list of all the things I do in an average day and asked him to pick at least three chores he could take over. That way he would have been on track once the baby arrived, and I wouldn't have gotten so angry because he wasn't pitching in."

"I wish my husband had played more of a role in selecting things for the registry. He wasn't interested in gear during my pregnancy, but now he doesn't like the stroller I picked."

"I wish I hadn't bought so much newborn-size clothing. My son was almost too big for it when he was born!"

"A friend highly recommended having the changing table ready and stocked. I listened, and I can't imagine what life would have been like in the first weeks without it!"

"It would have been a big help to have all my older daughter's clothes organized according to season and size, so they'd be easy to find when our new daughter grows into them."

"I wish I'd set up some playdates for our 4-year-old daughter for the days following the birth of our new baby."

"I wish I'd investigated groups and activities that my baby and I could have participated in during my maternity leave."

"I wish I'd completed more things on my to-do list, like getting an eye exam or taking the car into the shop to be fixed, that are really difficult to do with a baby in tow."

"I should have learned to use the breast pump before the baby was born."

"I recommend reading more books on the baby's first year, especially the parts on sleeping and nursing."

"I wish I'd thought more about how I was going to mother my new son. I was so busy buying baby clothes and decorating the nursery that I never thought about how I was going to raise him."

0 comments: