header-photo

Earth hour...we did it!




Alhamdulillah! We did it! Even though I was the one who eagerly planned to participate in this switching off the electrical goods and appliances project, but I'm glad that I did managed to get all my family members to participate in this historical event, as I see it.

That Saturday, we were at my parents house in JB cos my husband had a talk in a seminar that day. So, since morning, I had been reminding my mother, my sisters and my kids bout this earth hour "thing".

An hour prior the shutting down electricity, we prepared candles. At 8.30 pm sharp, I asked my husband to switch off the main power supply of the house....and suddenly....its DARK!! My kids, huby and I garthered around the dining table, with two burning candles. Under that low dim candle light, we spent the 60 minutes reciting the surahs of al-Qur'an, (the surah hafazan), reading them together aloud. (mcm nk masuk pertandingan tahfiz pl) Actually I never planned of spending the 60 minutes this way, but...I think it was the most precious, quality 60 minutes that we had ever had in a month! Never thought that this "earth hour" could be so beneficial to my family!

Glad that we did something good for the earth and for our family too!

0 comments: