header-photo

The big kakak-kakak touch my hair



Searching for a kindy for affita was indeed an arduous task. I've never knew it was going to be time-consuming and mind-boggling task. There are many things that should be taken into consideration in searching and choosing a kindy for my little princess. Besides the location, the most important aspects for me are the curriculum and teachers. Since afafita had had a wonderful and sweet experience during her schooldays in Tadika ELite Ceria in JB last year, my observation is that she has become quite choosy about school and teachers.

Last week, I sent her to a school nearby my house. It's only about 6 minutes from home and on the way to her papa's office. Basically, it's the best place and the most convenient kindy for her (and her papa of course). However, afafita dislikes that school since the very first day I sent her there. "I don't like the big kakak-kakak in the school," she uttered as soon as she reached home. "Why, sayang?" I asked her, trying to investigate the matter. "Because, the big kakak-kakak like my hair, and always touch and play with my hair. I don't like them to touch my hair".


Actually, that very decent and sincere answer made me smile, thinking of how a 4 years old child think and what does really matter in their lives. I also wondered, what a simple life for a 4 years old child! Compared to an adult, a child is so blessed by God with a non-complicated, simple, non-challenging, non-crisis, non-demanding life! It's so lucky to be a child indeed. How I wish I could be a child again........



So, back to afafita's kindy story. On the next day, she refused to go to school. I didn't force her, since I wanted to give her some space to relax and think about this matter thoroughly (what? how could I expect this from a 4 years old child?) At home, we continue with our homeschooling session and lessons. It went quite well. And I started to contact and find new kindergartens to survey, in case that afafita really refuse to go to her school.




But alhamdulillah, this week, she seems to be so excited again about going to school. Most probably she had forgotten about the big kakak-kakak. And yesterday, when I asked her about school, she happily said "the big kakak-kakak never touch my hair again. No more big kakak-kakak". So, the problem is solved simply like that. Hmmm... how I wish I could solve all my problem as simply as afafita.......

0 comments: