header-photo

Afafita's Saloon...


My little princess is very obsessed with cleanliness, beauty and appearance. Frankly speaking, I don't have any idea where did the genes come from. I'm not the kind of woman who's world revolves within beauty and beauty-care. So do my husband. So, when Afafita shows her profound interest in beauty-consciousness, both of us are really puzzled and wondering, where on earth does this little girl inherits this attitude.

Besides imagining herself as a teacher or a doctor in the future, this 5 years old little girl always portray herself as an owner of a saloon or spa center! Of late, she always beg me to be her customer and allow her to do a "makeover" on me. Of course, I always succumb to her begging since there is no other female person in this house and furthermore...having someone playing with your hair and face is so relaxing! Sometimes, I could fall asleep too!

Usually early in the morning, she would write a notice on her pink whiteboard: "HARI INI KENE BUKA SELON. PAGI INI BUKA SELON, MALAM INI BUKA SELON". That's how she wrote the notice of her "business hour" on the board, and hung it on the doorknob. Then, she would prepare all the saloon kit including comb, hairbands, a glass of water (to damp the hair upon combing), her strawberry perfume, lipstick and compact powder (she took it from my handbag) and her toy camera. After she finished with the hairstyling and makeover, she would take a picture of her customer. 

That's my Afafita...the saloon girl. 

2 comments:

kin hashim said...

bes gak ada org nak belai kepala kita...hehehe...

Mama Mia said...

kin..suhlah anak dara kin bukak saloon jugak..heheh