header-photo

The Conference Day

When the alarm clock (actually The Pretender's 500 miles mp3 which I assigned as my ringtone) rang for the second time, I bounced from my bed. Ya Allah, it's D-Day! Dashing up and down the stairs to prepare the breakfast, hot bath for the kids and pulling them out of the bed, I knew that I really need extra super duper energy for today. Today, my hubby and I would attend the Conference in KL, organized by the University which I newly registered as a postgraduate student three weeks ago. And this is also the first day of Afafita's schooldays in a nearby kindergarten.

Luckily I had made all the essential preparations the night before, something that I rarely do in my life. So, I had laid the kids uniform, ironed my clothes and tudung (the special clothes which are worn only during special occasions like attending seminars, conference, dinners,etc) and prepared afafita's backpack for her daycare. All these are done since I realize, I'm not a ma'am anymore, no more bibik (helper) and none of my sisters (atan, ibon or dilah) are here to help me.

The Conference was really worthy to attend. Besides new information and knowledge, I also made new friends and most importantly I had the chance to meet kak AA, my bestfriend and colleague in my office.

It was quiet a hectic day, considering that I've caught flu two days ago and still not fully recover. But I guess hubby is more tired, he have just returned home minutes ago (the time is 12.52 am) after entertaining his friends, the speakers of the conference.

0 comments: